6. I will sing more. Yeah, sure I sing every day as part of my job, but I mean actual grown-up singing around the piano. As is the case with Goal #1, it does worlds of good for my overall happiness and stress reduction.
7. I will waste less time and lose less stuff. (Not sure about the phrasing on that one, but “fewer things” didn’t fit with my more/less theme.) Yes, folks, I will make a better effort to not completely suck at time management in the new year. I will also devote a portion of my day to becoming better organized. De-cluttering would probably be a good first step to eliminating those scramble-around-the-house looking for random shit moments. I am sure this will directly affect my success or failure in the area of Goal #3. The most important part of this goal will be the ability to have more time to be fully present with my family. Sure, it is unrealistic to really bask in every single moment of life as a parent, but at least more often I would like to feel completely grounded in the moment, free to look into my daughters’ eyes and really be with them.
|Happy New Year! By the way, my toddler is clutching a dog chew toy in that picture.|
And lastly, I will completely disregard the rules of passing on this award. Well, not completely, I am passing it on to one of the first bloggers I became “friends” with (I sure hope she feels the same way, or I will sit alone in a dark bathroom, drinking wine and crying in humiliation) and whose blog really resonated with me and made me laugh. I already pointed you in her lovely direction with my post about seven blogs I love, but here I go again: Josie of Go Momma! please accept the 2012 Blog of the Year Award.
Since the year is pretty much over, by the power vested in me (by me), I hereby relieve you of your duties to pass this one on to anyone else, nor do you have to write up a clever list by way of acceptance. Unless you really want to.
So, now, to prove I am serious about my goals, I will leave you with a video of me singing one of my favorites, Auld Lang Syne, as a way to wish you a new year, improve the creativity of my blog, (Item 4) and follow through with my intention to sing more. (Item 6)
excuse enjoy the poor quality of this iPhone video, complete with jerky camera maneuvering by my six year old. And yes, I am wearing my new yoga pants.
Happy New Year, dear friends and readers! I wish you all the best, and I will do what I can to bring you hilarious, inspiring, and horrifying tales of motherhood in 2013!
Latest posts by Stephanie (see all)
- What Happened When I Went Gluten Free - October 12, 2017
- Finding Out - October 3, 2017
- How to Have a Great Time at Disneyland With Kids (Without the Stress!) - September 6, 2017