Welcome back to Finish the Sentence Friday! We give you a sentence, and you finish it, however long or short you’d like. Bloggers, link up below if you’d like to join us, but wait! First, make sure you entered my awesome giveaway for a free one- hour blog consult with the one and only Julie of Fabulous Blogging! Go on, now….
With today’s sentence, the possibilities seemed endless…
Once when I was bored out of my mind…
I decided to write down things my family members and I said that may seem strange to an outsider.
Talk about endless possibilities! I realized that if someone was writing down our daily dialogue, you know, like a court reporter or something, it would be highly peculiar and possibly indecipherable. Let’s start with the least intelligible among us first.
- Ut-nuh! (oatmeal- shouted with great enthusiasm)
- Guh-gul! (bagel- also shouted in a demanding tone)
- Nyuk (milk)
- Hi-nee! (Hiney. Usually said while swiping wildly at her diapered crotch with a bunch of toilet paper.)
- See previous post for other choice things Sophie has said this week.
- Sophie just threw a potato into the TV!
- You’re on my last nerve. (Said to Sophie)
- You can’t hit sissy, but you can hit me on the head with this ball, because it’s made of rubber.
- I only know one grown-up word: turtleneck. And I have no idea what it means.
- Knock, knock. (Who’s there?) Why was the girl so famous? Because she was so baaa-eautiful! Get it? Baa- eutiful? (Don’t look at me- I got nothin’.)
- Please don’t put your mouth on that trash can
- Please don’t put your head in the toilet.
- We’re all done wiping Mommy’s hiney now. (See Item 4 on Sophie’s list. She also enjoys balling up toilet paper and dabbing at my hindquarters when I am using public toilets. Ah, motherhood.)
- Crayons do not go in our ears.
- Did you give it the smell test?
- Where are you going with that tupperware? (To Izzy, who was sneaking away mysteriously)
- Daddy has grown-up ears. I hear everything.
As I was jotting down our perplexing utterances, I noticed a few key phrases that were repeated, by me, over and over. If I had been keeping a tally, I’m pretty sure these are the things I say with the most regularity:
Mommy’s Most Used Phrases
- Mommy’s coming! (And not in the ironic Miranda from Sex in the City way. Look it up.)
- I’ll be right there! (see Item #1)
- Please wait! (through gritted teeth)
- What’s wrong? (shouted with frustration from another room in the house)
- Why is Sophie screaming? (usually directed at Izzy.)
- It’s all right (in a soothing, yet frazzled tone.)
So there you have it- consider yourselves a fly on our wall!
Your FTSF hosts:
Janine from Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic
Kate from Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine?
Dawn from Dawn’s Disaster
- Follow Your Hosts, If You Like, and Anyone Else You Find On the List!
- Make Sure to Read and Comment on at Least Two Other Posts.
- Share Your Favorites on Facebook and/or Twitter Using the Hashtag #FTSF.
- Link Up Your Posts Below with This Week’s Sentence Prompt.
- Hop around and have fun!
Next week’s sentence is: “If I could hang out with any celebrity, it would be…”
Latest posts by Stephanie (see all)
- What Happened When I Went Gluten Free - October 12, 2017
- Finding Out - October 3, 2017
- How to Have a Great Time at Disneyland With Kids (Without the Stress!) - September 6, 2017